Kent College Dubai is looking for a highly dedicated and energetic Bursar to lead the management of the school’s finances, direct the non-teaching administrative and domestic staff and work with its investors to oversee the management of the school’s property and facilities. The role requires someone who is willing to fully involve themselves in the life and work of the school.
The school is in its second year of operation, currently employs around 120 staff, with 500 pupils on roll and a target of 2,200 pupils at capacity.
The Bursar is the most senior member of the support and administrative staff, and as such is a member of the Senior Leadership team (SLT). He/she is expected to work closely with the Principal in the smooth management and development of the school. For an exceptionally able individual, this post offers an exciting opportunity to contribute to the ongoing success of Kent College Dubai as a key member of the senior leadership team.
The successful candidate will possess strong business acumen and finely-tuned leadership with an ability to deliver robust and innovative strategic business initiatives. He or she will have an impressive demonstrable track record of adding significant value through senior leadership and management in a commercial business environment, with an approach informed by his or her outstanding personal judgement, integrity and empathy. An accomplished communicator, he or she will possess highly developed interpersonal skills and robust intellectual abilities.
The position has three key areas. It requires the organisation and management of the school’s finances, the maintenance and improvement of the school’s buildings and facilities, and the organisation and management of the school’s support staff. It also requires the oversight of ICT operations within the school.
Kent College Dubai has quickly established itself as one of Dubai’s leading British curriculum schools. Located on an impressive site in the Nad al Sheba area, it offers an all-round education that sets high expectations for its pupils while ensuring that each one is given the individualised experience they need to achieve their best.
The position is both challenging and rewarding in equal measure; the successful candidate will have an immediate and positive lasting impact on KCD’s delivery of a first-class education to our pupils. A genuine resonance with Kent College’s ethos of an all-round British curriculum education in the setting of the UAE is essential.
The school is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be subject to enhanced safeguarding checks and a satisfactory medical report.
For a copy of the Candidate Brief, and any queries please contact Carolyn Burton, PA to the Principal, on email@example.com
Information about the school can be found on our website: www.kentcollege.ae.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 2 November.
The successful candidate is likely to have the following attributes:
● A successful track record of management and leadership at a senior level, ideally in educational and multicultural environments, whether for profit or not-for-profit.
● First class communication, presentation and people management skills, combined with patience, tact and diplomacy.
● A strong financial and commercial acumen, and the ability to easily assimilate, analyse and interpret financial data.
● Demonstrate knowledge of immigration and visas, property, health and safety, ICT, contract and employment issues.
● An understanding of his or her limitations, and a willingness to seek professional advice where required.
● A natural leader and motivator with the energy, drive and personal skills to inspire confidence in teaching and non-teaching staff at all levels and to deliver change in a complex organization.
● An ability to delegate and to lead confidently.
● A willingness to understand and work within the regulatory and legal frameworks of the UAE and KHDA with regard to education and employment within the educational sector.
● An interest in education, and an ability to contribute as an active and senior member of the school’s senior management team.
● An understanding of the ethos of UK independent education and of multi-cultural environments.
● The ideal candidate will be educated to degree level and qualified in the areas of finance, accountancy, facilities and/or personnel management or any other appropriate professional areas relevant to the post.
● Knowledge or experience of the international independent education sector is a distinct advantage, as would experience of working within an Islamic culture.
● The Bursar is expected to be fluent in English